Mattress Sizes Chart and Bed Dimensions Guide
Well, there are basically six standard mattress sizes available in the market. These are the twin, twin (XL), king, queen, full, and California king. It is important to consider the bed dimension when you start choosing a mattress. You need to understand that Different Bed-Sized meet different needs. So, you have to determine the bed size which will work best for you. Here, in this article, we have put together some of the most common mattress measurements. Our guide will help you make the right decision, and you will be able to select the perfect mattress for your bed.
- Twin-sized mattresses: These mattresses can be used by one person only. Its dimensions measure 75 inches in length and 38 inches wide. Twin-sized mattresses are more affordable to buy compared to larger ones. Being not too big, it turns out great for young children. It is a perfect choice for people with a smaller amount of space.
- Twin (XL)-sized mattresses: Compared to most mattresses, you'll find the cost of Twin (XL) mattresses quite low. Dimension measure of the mattress is 39" × 80". You can consider these mattresses a perfect choice for growing teenagers. You can find these mattresses in many different qualities and price points.
- Full-sized mattresses: They are not going to take much of your room space. Compared to a King or Queen-sized mattress, full-sized is typically cheaper. This mattress is not suitable for two people. Full-size mattress dimension measure 54" × 75".
- Queen-sized mattresses: If you need ample space to sleep comfortably next to your partner, then queen-sized mattresses are the right choice for you. In recent times, these mattresses have become the preferred size on the market as they fit into most modern bedrooms. Almost all manufacturers are offering this size in the market. It helps in reducing motion transfer, making it perfect for restless sleepers. When it comes to Queen-sized mattresses, the market is the most competitive. It helps buyers find a better deal without doing much on their part. Let us now talk about the dimensions of a queen-sized bed. It is 60" × 80" or 152 cm × 203 cm.
- King-sized mattress: Compared to the queen-sized mattress, it offers 16 inches more wiggle room. It is a perfect choice for restless sleepers. On such a massive surface, there is no room for disturbance. It is not recommended for rooms with smaller spaces. If your children love to sleep with you, then this mattress is large enough to accommodate each one of you. If you have a lot of space in your bedroom, then go for the king-sized mattress. The King mattress dimensions measure 76" x 80". It is considered the most comfortable choice for couples who like to spread out in their sleep.